My Debut @Feinstein's/54 Below by Queen Diva


My Debut @Feinstein's/54 Below!

On Labor Day September 3, 2018 I made my debut at the Premier Broadway Supper Club Feinstein's/54 Below with my pianist Dan Furman in front of an intimate audience!!

Queen Diva with Ayanda Sunshine, her Vocal Director.

Queen Diva singing on stage in her element.

Queen Diva at Feinstein's/54 Below Red Carpet!

Rave Reviews:

Strength of a Woman: A Phyllis Hyman Tribute was a delightful evening of music. Sonja Freeman has a powerful, soulful voice that brings to life the music of Phyllis Hyman to a new generation and is sure to bring a smile to the face of Phyllis' fans. On a personal note, Phyllis was my husband cousin. He said listening to the concert " Did his heart good". Go see this concert.. You won't regret it.
~Susan & Michael Truitt, Fans and Cousins of Phyllis Hyman

It was worth the trip to NYC to hear the Queen Diva sing. You really took us way back and your voice is mellow just like Phyllis. I enjoyed the singing and especially when the audience sang along with you. I'm looking forward to attending more shows. Kudos Sonja and the pianist.
~Letty, A Fan

And I was so blessed to have Veteran Jazz Pianist/Arranger/Composer Onaje Allen Gumbs who arranged and played piano on "Betcha By Golly Wow" with Phyllis Hyman on Norman Connors' "Starship" Album said, 

"You got Phyllis down, Diva. You got heart! You did Phyllis real good!"
~Onaje Allen Gumbs, Arranger/Pianist on "Betcha By Golly Wow" with Phyllis Hyman

Also, Feinstein's/54 Below Executive Chef Lynn Bound made sure to tell me,

"You did a fantastic job, Diva!"
~Chef Lynn Bound, Executive Chef of Feinstein's/54 Below

I am still beaming from my experience!!










Comments

Popular Posts