Happy Birthday To Me! by Queen Diva

Today's Diva's Diamonds:
Happy Birthday to me!!!

Well actually my birthday is October 10th but I will be traveling tomorrow and I won't be able to blog on the road. It's amazing how every single year I get reflective as I grow older and wiser about my life and accomplishments. I didn't do that when I was younger! LOL! When I was younger I was just so excited about getting older and now as I have gotten older I think what have I done? How many lives have I change? Do I even make a difference in anyone's life? Am I really growing? What have I founded that has actually lasted over the test of time? Has anyone's life improved for the better knowing me or departing from my life?

These are very real and serious reflective questions that I seem to ask myself only weeks leading up to my birthday and then when my birthday comes I'm fine! LOL! I guess its just a sign of maturity and understanding that I do make a difference, that people do actually enjoy my company and reading my posts, that life is much better than I may go back and forth about it being.

I actually wrote my 20 year resume and I was shocked at all that I actually did with my life and accomplished. Its funny but when you are doing things day by day you don't really think that what you are doing is worth while or important. Not that what I do is not important but sometimes when you are in the mist of doing it you are just caught up in doing it and not enjoying it or basking in the awesomeness of doing it!

For example... I had the amazing opportunity to do a monthly songwriter's forum and showcase called Queen Diva Entertainment NYC in NYC back in the 90's. I was able to work with everyone from the Sugarhill Gang, Professor X of the X-Clan, Reggie Reg of the Crash Crew, Bad Boy Records, Arista Records, Sony Music, Jive Records, Rawkus Records, Def Jam Records and Borders Books & Music in World Trade Center and Park Avenue as well as written up in Billboard Magazine twice! I wrote for an online Hip Hop/Electronica Magazine called IsNotWas.com where I gave a young R&B Sensation Jahiem is first interview and successful Hip Hop/R&B Artists such as Missy Elliot, Silk, P-Diddy, the Late Aaliyah and first New York City appearance for Petey Pablo before he shut down the Hammerstein Ballroom and sold a million copies of his first album.

At the time I was just grinding and doing what I knew to do! I didn't have a mentor so I just went out and asked for an interview or if they would be a judge on my songwriter's panel or let me have an interview. I was fearless! LOL! I believe when you are young realize there is no time for fear. If the person says NO you ask another time when they feel up to it! LOL! You never take NO for the final answer because they are in the public eye and they need publicity and my online magazine and forum/showcase needed them too! I learned a lot from that experience and so now whatever I do I still don't stop at a NO! I just go to someone else who either has the connection to my YES or will teach or show me how to get my next YES! I am thankful for every NO and YES I have received so far during my lifetime for it has made me the FANTABULOUS Queen Diva I am today! LOL! Life really is good no matter if I win or lose...in my lack or abundance...Life is good!

Happy Birthday to Me!! I don't think I have ever really wished myself happy birthday before! LOL! But who better to start of my birthday celebration right than myself! I am learning to ask for blessings myself and pray for myself. That is something I don't really do! But it is very important to ask for blessings and for specific things that we desire from our Heavenly Father! I'm finally getting that!

How old am I? Well a true DIVA never tells three things....1.) Her natural hair color, 2.) Her age and 3.) Her weight! LOL! So since I am Queen Diva...Silence is Golden and I'm living my life like Jill Scott...GOLDEN!! LOL!

Thank you in advance for the all of your Birthday LOVE and your support for the last five years I have been writing this blog! I hope it blesses you in a mighty way!

Just like a diamond you shine resplendently! Keep Diva's Diamonds close to your heart and know that you are already FLAWLESS!

Love, Laughter & Light,
The Birthday Diva....Queen Diva


Comments

Popular Posts