Work The Room by Queen Diva

                          Fe Eugenio, guitarist, with Queen Diva at the Ashford & Simpson's Sugar Bar 12-26-12

Today's Diva's Diamonds:
Work The Room...I recently performed at a restaurant/lounge in Brooklyn and I have to admit I was a bit uncomfortable because of the environment wasn't what I expected and while I was singing the whole left side of the room was talking which dampen my spirit. But instead of shining my light and love in their direction I ignored them. I posted the video of my performance and I asked my Mommy to take a look. I've had other people look at the footage but only she asked me, "Why didn't you move? Why didn't you "Work The Room?" I told her how I felt and she said, "Daughter, you were sent there to share you LOVE & LIGHT to that venue and you didn't "WORK THE ROOM!" There will be times when you will be sent to  SING and SPEAK and it is your job to "WORK THE ROOM" from the BACK to the SIDES to the FRONT & MIDDLE!" The FRONT & MIDDLE are already with you but it's your job to get the "BACK AND SIDES" along for the ride too!

My Mommy opened my eyes to something I knew but I didn't want to tackle! Isn't that what we all do? We get into a situation knowing what's going on and we allow FOOLISHNESS to abound and just tolerate it to get through it but never take the time to address that the FOOLISHNESS needs to be addressed and dealt with at that moment! I could have turned towards that side of the room and WON them over but I didn't want to go through the hassle so I ignored them and they in turn ignored me. So there was a lost connection that could have happened between us.

What's really amazing is my FB Hubby Nic Few, Actor/Director & Diva's Diamonds Beautiful Person of the Day 1-26-11, told me these simple but profound words before I left for the gig, "SING WELL...MAKE THEM HEAR YOU!" 

I failed to do that in the entire room and I learned my lesson! I'm sharing this with you because many times when we come to a place that we are either disappointed by the environment or the people in the room we tend to shut down instead of embracing where we are and giving LOVE. Everyone needs LOVE no matter who they are and how bad their behavior may be towards YOU. If you are a leader and a light of God then it is your responsibility to share your LIGHT unto the WORLD so that GOD may be GLORIFIED in all that you say and do!

I want to encourage you ALL to "WORK THE ROOM" everywhere you go no matter the situation! I will do the same and never allow how I may feel to stop me from giving LOVE & LIGHT to ALL!


                                     
Check out the video footage of my recent performance at the Sugar Hill Supper Club in Brooklyn!You can see for yourself what my Mommy was talking about! Enjoy!

Just like a diamond you shine resplendently...Keep Diva's Diamonds close to your heart and know that you are already FLAWLESS!

Love, Laughter & Light,
Queen Diva

Comments

Popular Posts