Are You a BLESSING or CURSE? by Queen Diva 3-29-12



Today's Diva's Diamonds:
Are you a BLESSING or CURSE? I was just having a "tweetsation" with a follower on Twitter the importance of being a blessing or curse to others. I remember saying that once on Facebook a few months ago because so many people do not realize the importance of their words or how powerful their words are when they speak with negative vocabulary or conversation about other people in their lives or read about online. I remember about 10 years ago I used to "CUSS" like a SAILOR! LOL! YES, Queen Diva used to have a "FOUL" mouth!!! I was back and forth living in New York City and I was living in the "world" heavily in trying to get into the music industry working around "Hip Hop & Urban Artists" where the vocabulary is very negative and hurtful. It didn't seem that way when you are in it and always using that vocabulary but one day I said something to a young rapper and he looked at me and said, "Da*n Diva, Why you gotta be so hard on a N***a?" I was like but that guy just said the very same thing! The young rapper said, "Yeah but he's a DUDE!" I was like....WOW, I really need to bridle my tongue! After that I prayed about it and just asked God to help me with my TONGUE. I had to ask God to forgive me and to clean my mind, heart and soul. I just totally surrendered to God and asked God to make me a vessel. It took about 7 years for me to completely change my conversation and my vocabulary.

How did I do it? I prayed, fasted and truly just made a CHOICE to stop using negative words, language and vocabulary. It was hard at first because I was so used to saying "CUSS WORDS" all of the time. I was led to the scripture....Matt 6:21 "Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." I had to look at myself and where I stood in my life. I TREASURED cursing and cussing with the men because the Hip Hop industry is a MALE Dominated industry and I wanted to be able to keep up and hang with them as well as be respected in that industry. Did I really want to be known as a woman with a "foul mouth" or "negative conversation?" I was like....NO, I'm not like that! I'm a loving and giving person and I love to help people reach their fullest potential! The more I read the Holy Bible the more I wanted to be like Christ. I truly didn't want to be a child of the devil and I wanted to be a Child of God. As plain and harsh as that sounds it was so true! If we are not of the LIGHT then we are of DARKNESS.

CHOOSE today to walk in the LIGHT! CHOOSE to change your thinking and vocabulary to BLESS others and not CURSE them. When you "CUSS" you are cursing people the names and words you are speaking. You didn't know that did you? Well in the words of the late NOTORIOUS B.I.G., "If you don't know, now you know!"

It's not going to be easy to change your words or thinking it ALL starts with you making a choice every single day, "Am I going to be a BLESSING or a CURSE?" Once you have made that decision then it's up to you to walk in that decision PURPOSELY in a POSITIVE walk and change your thoughts!

CHOOSE today.....Are you a BLESSING or CURSE? Whatever you choose it will not only effect you but the people around YOU! How many times have you gone to work and there was that one person in the office who always had something NEGATIVE to say to everyone about everything ALL day long? How did that make you feel being around that person? Now just think when you are that PERSON? How do you think YOU make others feel? Hmmmm?

I challange you ALL to be mindful of the WORDS you speak and the conversation you entertain. God is always watching and listening to ALL that we say and do! Start today and purposely choose to say something positive to someone you would normally never say a word to on any given day. Compliment their job performance at work or how neat and orderly their desk is arranged. Before you know it you will be speaking LIFE and not DEATH to the people in your life.

I'd LOVE to hear your PRAISE REPORT on what you are doing to be a BLESSING in your life! AMEN! Write your comments on this post!

Just like a diamond you shine resplendently...Keep Diva's Diamonds close to your heart and know that you are already FLAWLESS!

Love, Laughter & Light,
Queen Diva

Comments

Popular Posts