I Will Make Your Name Great by Queen Diva 7-26-13

Here I am with Tonya Lewis-Taylor (r) on  TBN's JCTV

Today's Diva's Diamonds:
I Will Make Your Name Great...I have been on my incredible journey for 9 years and God has taken me from Houston to New Orleans to Chicago to Cincinnati to Conroe to San Antonio to Greenville to New York City! I've never paid for my tickets whether it was a bus or plane entirely. There was always someone who sowed into me to get to the next destination or level in my journey. I've only worked a regular job for 2 years out of the last 9 years and the rest of the time was freelancing as a consultant for men and women of God who PRAYED to God for help with their vision that God had given to them. God would send me to them and I would be obedient to do what I know to do in excellence and that is SERVE in administration and consulting. The challenging thing about this is I've never been paid what I'm TRULY worth! I've accepted each and every assignment according to the budget that the person who prayed for help could afford. It has been the most challenging thing in the world for me to serve God's lambs and sheep for the last 9 years and work basically for peanuts! LOL! But all the while I would hear God tell me...."I Will Make Your Name Great...if you are faithful over a few..." Now that was the "catch!" LOL! Being FAITHFUL over a "FEW!" Although I've heard that statement in my spirit over and over for the last 9 years I didn't really understand what did God mean by I will make your name great? But now after years of sowing into other people's dreams and serving in excellence on a extremely limited budget I get it now! The photo above was taken while I was singing a solo part for my dearest BFF #2 Tonya Lewis-Taylor of EARS Music Group and Entertainers 4 Education Alliance. She is a rising star in the Gospel music industry recently performing at GMWA-Gospel Music Workshop of America NY Chapter and National Convention just this past week! She asked me to sing on her live album recording and her first appearance on TBN's JCTV at the NY Studios. We have been singing together for years and co-labor together as ministers at First Step Ministry Church of Christ Disciples of Christ Church as Associate Ministers where her mother Dr. Dorothy Lewis is the pastor at a small storefront church with a membership all of 25 people. Never could we have imagined that after years of singing faithfully every Sunday if front of our congregation that on the average of 10 that attend religiously and five fall asleep at the same time every week that one day we would be singing songs from her live album on TBN taped live before a standing room only audience and soon before millions of people for the first time this Saturday, July 27, 2013. We both had tears in our eyes when we realized that in the dressing room two month ago when we taped this show! We were faithful over a few and now God will make our names GREAT!

I share all of this to say...even in the mist of the hardest part of your journey God sees you and is perfecting you for your moment for God to make your name GREAT! You may be on your last dime, no food to eat, don't have money for gas and it's the beginning of the week and you don't get paid until Friday, you may not have enough money for a bus pass to get around the city, you may not have gas fair to pay someone to carpool for the week, you may be out of work and you have eviction notice, you may have lost your job and no severance pay and so on....but I'm a living, breathing witness that there is nothing too hard for God to fix and there isn't anything that is going on in your life that God doesn't know about! HELLO SOMEBODY!!! So if you are thinking crying and whining is gonna get God's attention you are sadly mistaken. Do you want to know what gets God's attention in the mist of a storm or famine....two things THANKFULNESS & TRUST in God! Faith pleases God but if you want to get God's attention thank HIM for what you are going through and trust in HIM that HE will get you out of your situation!

If you read the Holy Bible you will see in the Old Testament story after story from Abraham to Moses to Jacob to Gideon to King David that God always gave a test, watched what HIS children would do and then waited for them to ask HIM for help and TRUST in HIM that HE would get them out and provide their every need! In order for God to make your name GREAT you must decrease so that GOD can be increased in your life and to make you purposeful for HIM and then God can make your name GREAT! Greatness is already within us all it just take "Character Building" experience for us to see the greatness that lies within us and for God to present you to the world once you know that the greatness in you has nothing to do with YOU but everything to do with GOD!

Just like a diamond you shine resplendently....Keep Diva's Diamonds close to your heart and know that you already FLAWLESS!

Love, Laughter & Light,
Queen Diva



Comments

Popular Posts