Strength of a Woman by Queen Diva 6-21-13


Today's Diva's Diamonds:
Strength of a Woman...It's Sensational Saturday and I'm reflecting on the last six months of 2013...I've done a lot towards #LIVINGMYDREAMN2013! This has been my MANTRA so far in conjunction with my 2013 MOTTO, "PLAN, PREPARE AND PROCEED!" I have been speaking about my tribute to Phyllis Hyman called, "Strength of a Woman: A Phyllis Hyman Tribute" for half a year now! Finally on Saturday, July 6, 2013 at 4 pm I will perform my tribute to Phyllis Hyman! It is also Phyllis Hyman's birthday! This journey towards making this tribute a reality has truly tested my own "strength" in more way than I could ever imagine! My inner strength has grown in patience, wisdom and love working on this project as I researched the life of Phyllis Hyman and understanding her battle with mental illness that led her to end her life in 1995. Her strength wavered for many years with the distractions of drugs, alcohol, food, men, women and so much more. If only she knew Jesus...If only she had a close and personal relationship with Jesus and put all of her cares upon HIM...that is a thought I kept thinking over and over as I read more and more about Phyllis Hyman's life.



I'm doing this tribute to give closure to her "Phans" as we are affectionately known worldwide who LOVE Phyllis Hyman. Many "Phans" didn't know about her mental illness. She was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder at time when there wasn't the advancements in treatment or detection. Phyllis Hyman tried many medications that just didn't work for her as well as she tried to self-medicate with other vices that ultimately led her to go in and out of rehab. During my tribute I will celebrate her life as a Vocalist, Businesswoman, Friend, Sister and Jazz/R&B Legend who never felt she got her just due while she was on earth. But on Saturday, July 6, 2013 at the Metropolitan Room at 4 pm located at 34 West 22nd Street (Bet 5th & 6th Avenue) I will give tribute to honor this wonderful songstress named Phyllis Hyman. The "Strength of this Woman" was her music and we are all blessed that she left a wonderful catalog of music for us all to listen to for years and years to come.


CLICK TO SEE MY RECENT PERFORMANCE! 
@ TOSHI'S "SOUL MUSIC NIGHT" IN NYC


I would like to personally invite you all to come and attend my show! If you are not able to be in NYC on July 6, 2013 but would like to support me please purchase a ticket to sponsor someone else who may not be able to afford both the admission and the two beverage minimum.

CLICK THIS LINK 
TO PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS!

I thank you all for your love, prayers and support over the years! It blesses me more than you can ever imagine! Thank you for helping my starlight to shine just a little bit brighter!

Just like a diamond you shine resplendently! Keep Diva's Diamonds close to your heart and know that you are already FLAWLESS!

Love, Laughter & Light,
Queen Diva

Comments

Popular Posts