Hurting in Silence....Chris Lighty by Queen Diva


I met Veteran Hip Hop Executive Chris Lighty in the late '90's when we were "grindin'" in New York City to get into the music industry along with Jay-Z, P. Diddy, Notorious B.I.G., Foxxy Brown and so. I had a critically acclaimed songwriters forum called Queen Diva Entertainment NYC Songwriter's Forum and I was trying to get him to be on my panel! I remember every time I would run into him I would ask him to share his expertise on my panel and he would just smile and tell me if you can get P.Diddy and Mark Pitts on your panel then I'll be on it! LOL! He knew that was an impossible feat because neither one of them were available to do panels during their "grind" to become successful in the music industry. It became an inside joke between us over the years because I never got him on my panel and I remember the last time I asked him to be on an ideal panel on television would he be on it about two years ago when he did "Ask Chris" on his Twitter. He said he would if I got Jay-Z, P. Diddy and someone else he told me I forgot. He laughed so hard and shook his head via the video message he gave me! I just had a blank stare on my face because I knew that all of them are totally untouchable to reach or invite! LOL!

I haven't spoken to him in two years but I did follow him on Twitter and he did follow me. I didn't know all that he was going through personally and I had no idea that he was hurting so deeply. He always seem to be a very private person and very selective on who he spoke to and had close to him in his circle of friends. I'm sharing this post today to give comfort to those who are devastated by Chris's recent suicide. He loved Hip Hop, his family and friends. One of his last tweets on Twitter he was giving condolences in remembrance to DJ Scott La Rock who died on August 27,1987 just three days before he died. 

When someone is hurting in silence it's very difficult to know just how much pain they are in. We may never know what Chris was thinking and the torment he faced to lead him to his final decision. That's why its so important to always PRAY for our friends and family. The Holy Bible reads, Pray without ceasing. I Thessalonians 5:17 KJV. Also, James 5:16 NLT says, "Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results." Chris Lighty was in need of a healing and didn't know how to receive it. All of us who know what  FREEDOM in Christ means it is so important to share your PEACE. It's important to not hold back when God leads you to tell someone about Jesus because so many people just like Chris are hurting in SILENCE. Whether we know what's going on with are friends and family or not the prayers of the righteous availeth MUCH. We must continually share Christ with all even if they reject us in the mist of sharing as long as you do your part in sharing the Holy Spirit will do His part to grow the seed you plant with your words. We must continually pray for our friends and family whether we see fruit or not because God knows the heart of man. Let us pledge today that we will PRAY for one another continuously. If we do our part God will do His part in our lives. Hurting in SILENCE is the loneliest feeling in the world. Let Chris Lighty's death be a reminder to reach out to our friends and appreciate every moment that we have with each other. 

I pray PEACE, LOVE & STRENGTH upon the Lighty family, friends and colleagues who have all known and worked with Chris Lighty. Let his life help, heal and prevent others from choosing suicide as an answer but to PRAY for strength and for God to lead them towards HOPE and receiving PEACE to continue forward.


Beverly Crawford sings Vanessa Bell Armstrong's "Peace Be Still"

This song gave me great peace when my father passed away two years ago from complications of Emphysema and Pneumonia. I pray all that are mourning Chris Lighty's passing this song will give you PEACE.



Peace & Abundant Blessings,
Queen Diva

Comments

Popular Posts