Diva's Diamonds: Backspace Button





Today's Diva's Diamonds:
Two days ago my "Backspace Button" just popped off while I was typing an email and I just could not get it back on the keyboard! I tried and tried and to no avail I was able to get it back on. I've only had this laptop for a year but I've been writing on it every single day all day long since I bought it with my 2009 Income Tax Refund! The amazing thing is the "Backspace Button" is the only button that popped off and none of the other buttons are loose or out of place! I went to the public library yesterday and I took the "Backspace Button" with me in my left jean pocket and I figured I would just try again later to put it back on. All the while I kept hearing God tell me...Daughter, you didn't realize just how much you go "BACKWARDS" when you write until you lost the "BACKSPACE BUTTON" and now you have to touch the button without it's cover! Daughter, You must learn to not use the "BACKSPACE BUTTON" so much and just learn to type exactly what you mean to say and just slow down your pace until you get used to not using the button at all.

I heard God clearly say that to me and yet I kept using the "BACKSPACE BUTTON" and it was a strange feeling to touch the rubber button underneath the flat surface plate that I've had in my pocket. When I met up with my Sister in Christ and I showed her the "BACKSPACE BUTTON" she just shook her head knowing exactly what I was about to say. I said, "How many of us go backwards far too many times in our lives in the mist of trying to move forward? Why am I carrying around a "BACKSPACE BUTTON" in my pocket?" I looked at the button as I was asking her the question but I was really asking myself.

Too many times we seem to rely on going backwards because it's familiar or convenient or easier to do! We are basically a living breathing "BACKSPACE BUTTON!" But that's not what God intends for us to do each day of our lives! We are to live our lives more ABUNDANTLY and we cannot do that going backwards or carrying "BACKSPACE BUTTONS" in our pockets just in case we need to use it. I really had no idea how much I used this button. Even as I write this blog I know I've used the "BACKSPACE BUTTON" at least 100 times. I truly have to work on not relying on this button and make a conscious effort to spell my words correctly and type the right letters! Just like in our lives we must be mindful of the choices we make that will not take us back 20 steps after we've just completed walking 100 a few moments ago.

I challenge you are to be more conscious of how often you use your "BACKSPACE BUTTON" and make an effort to not rely on it anymore. Just like when you are driving and looking at your rear view mirror you cannot stay fixed looking backwards because you will never know what God has in store for you in reaching your destination when you look forward. Don't carry your "BACKSPACE BUTTON" around with you! Use the "SPACE BAR" and keep moving forward and watch God take you to places you've never DREAMED!

Just like a diamond you shine resplendently...Keep Diva's Diamonds close to your heart and know that you are already FLAWLESS!

Love, Laughter & Light,
Queen Diva

Comments

Popular Posts