Fantabulous Friday: Chase Your Dream, Not People! By Queen Diva


Fantabulous Friday:
Chase Your Dream, Not People! I had to remind myself of this just now because I am beginning to feel anxious about living my dreams of becoming a successful vocalist, songwriter, teacher and mentor. I studied for years at Prairie View A&M University, a part of the Texas A&M University system, for 4 and 1/2 years Music-Vocal Performance and then took some course work at Rice University in Composition. I had a few successes as a songwriter such as in 2001 writing the Alma Mater for Thurgood Marshall High School in Sugarland, TX and most recently getting a song place on a movie soundtrack.

But the years in between and even now is not consistent and I find myself frustrated in not doing full time what I studied for years as an underclassmen. I have helped many people with their careers from music to fashion to real estate to pageantry to healthcare professions to even cosmetics! LOL! I am at a point in my life that I feel I should be leveling out in my accomplishments and be able to really help those behind me succeed. But I am not quite there yet in achieving goals and dreams that I felt I should have accomplished by now.

Truth! I got distracted for many years! And yes, that is a big factor for my delay. But now that I am finally focused I have to just realize that just like Will Smith, Actor and Multimillionaire Film/Television Producer, quoted, "Don't Chase People! Be Yourself...do your own thing and work hard. The right people the ones who really belong in your life will come to you and stay."

I needed to read this and share this too! I was beginning to feel frustrated when I would reach out to people that I know who could help me are falling silent. I am scratching my head and thinking well they know me. I have been consistent in what I do. I am polished, professional and available to work and learn to become better. I take constructive criticism well. I am a talented vocalist and lyricist. So why aren't they helping me?

Will Smith's quote said it all, "The right people the ones who really belong in your life will come to you and stay."

I feel like I am so very close to living my dreams in 2016! I am at the brink of greatness! I am understanding that in the darkest hour stars shine their brightest and believe me when I tell you my starlight is resplendent! LOL! I just have to hold on, keep going, push past my just enough part of my journey and be ready for those who will come into my life that will be a part of my team!

Those that know me know that I am a giver and I love to give! I want so badly to do something great and help others do something greater! If I can just release my frustration in the meantime and be ready for my HARVEST I will be alright! LOL!

If you are feeling the same way I want to encourage you today to keep going! Keep working on your projects, make yourself available, stay positive and knock down a new door if the old ones will not open! LOL!

Share with me your progression! I would love to know what you are working on! You can do it! I have great faith in your success! Believe in yourself first! Don't worry about what right now looks like! Just keep preparing for GREATNESS! Its coming!!

Just like a diamond you shine resplendently! Keep Diva's Diamonds close to your heart and know that you are already FLAWLESS!

Love, Laughter & Light,
Queen Diva

Comments

Popular Posts